Searching for how to find wifi password on Chromebook? Or want to know how to see wifi password on Chromebook without developer mode? Then you are the right place.
Seeing password in a chrome book is not an easy task you have to be technical to understand to all these steps.
Well, as usual don’t worry. I will help you to see your password.
There are so many network connection around you and many of them you already used. And some of them you saved it.
This is not possible for everyone to remember all (specially for humans).
One day, I went coffees shop with my friend just for chill and then I remember I had an important online task which I have forgotten and I have to do it urgently.
I told to my friend to share the network; he just saw what I mean. He shared his network but he typed his password himself. Lol jokes apart.
What if you have everyone’s password saved? And whenever you want, you can see that password and do it on your other device. Sounds good, you can do this with your Chromebook device.
All you need to do all steps very carefully to see saved WIFI password.
You can also jump to your desire section from below table.
What happens when you put your Chromebook in developer mode?
Few things you have to understand before doing all these steps. There is an only way through which you can see saved wifi password into your Chromebook, which is booting your device into developer mode.
This will damage your device if you will not do all process carefully.
Booting into developer mode, this will full access to root mode through which you can fully modify your chrome book and this will wipe your device.
I mean to say your all data which is saved into chrome book whatever it is, bookmarks, photos, files, videos, password and even all your saved wifi password will be cleared for forever.
Some software available in the market who claims, by this software you can recover all your deleted files, photos and other data.
But they are not 100% guaranteed. Ya, this is confirmed recovery software recover your deleted data from storage but they can’t recover all.
How to turn on developer mode on chromebook?
To find saved wifi password you have to switch your chrome OS into developer mode.
I strongly recommended you to read the above paragraph if you didn’t read it yet. What are the cons of developer mode?
Following are the steps to switch chrome OS into developer mode for fully root access.
- Press Esc, Refresh and Power button simultaneously. This will boot your OS into recovery mode. And a message appears on-screen “Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert your recovery USB stick or SD card”. (You don’t have to worry about it).
- Press Cltr+D for further steps.
- Press Enter to switch into developer mode.
The process of entering into developer mode will take up to almost 20 minutes you have to wait until your further steps appear on your screen.
All done, now you entered into the dev OS.
How to Find WiFi Password on Chromebook OS?
Now you entered into the dev mode and capable to track the wifi password of any network.
So, you have to do some technical work to get wifi password for any wifi network.
Follow all steps very carefully, otherwise this will harm your Chromebook.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+T at the same time. This step will open Chrome OS developer Crosh shell.
- Use your keyboard and type.
- Now you will get long code string which you have to copy all.
- Type CD and tab and last press enter.
- Follow with the command and type “more shill/shill.profile” and press enter.
- Find your desire network which password you want to get (will be somewhere in the bottom).
- Now find the line which says “Passphrase=rot47:” along with some random text (text could be anything).
- This is your password which is in encrypted form and has to decrypt it.
- Type command echo> some random text | tr ‘!-~’ ‘P-~!-O’.
- Now your wifi password had been decrypted and password will have on your screen.
So finally, congratulation you have been decrypted your encrypted password and you have your desire wifi network password.
How to See WiFi Password on Chromebook Without Developer Mode?
As you know google is very concern to its user privacy and always protect their data. So that’s why there is one and only option to switching into dev mode to see saved wifi password.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Switch your device into developer mode to find saved wifi password on acer.
Follow these steps to change network settings.
1. From bottom select “time”.
2. Then select the settings option.
3. And then “Network”.
4. After that select WI-Fi.
5. Then your network.
6. Finally, turn on the Prefer this network.
Yes, you shave to enter into developer mode of your Chromebook OS to see stored keys.
Follow these steps to connect with the network.
1. Select “time” from the bottom.
2. Select “settings”.
3. Next to android phone select “Set up”.
4. Enter your password.
5. All done your phone is now connected
From right bottom select time. Select “Not Connected” device will search available network near you. Select your network and put your key. New your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
For security reasons chrome didn’t allow anyone to see your saved password. you have to enter into dev mode to see it.
You have search any wifi network which is not password protected. This is the only way to connect network without password.
You have to enter into developer mode to see stored wifi password on Chromebook.